Through a 5 steps process:
- Service, collection and transporting of hazardous residues.
- Milling and sorting depending on the corn measure from the received residue.
- Reaction and dissolution of the hazardous components and salts.
- Separation and washing of the secondary oxide products.
- Crystallisation of salts.
The products obtained are:
- Metal concentrates that are ready for melting and can be used as raw material.
- Secondary oxide products for use in a wide variety of industrial activities.
- Salts that are used as flux in metal processes or as agricultural fertilisers.
The process is composed of mechanical crushing, separation, reaction and crystallisation of the various components to recover the secondary products of aluminium, salt and oxide.
The process flows are as follows:
- Crushing: the objective of the treatment is to obtain on one hand the aluminium and on the other the reduction in size, so that we can obtain a good reaction of the hazardous components, to give good dissolution of the obtained salts.
- Dissolution and reactions: the material obtained from the crushing process is mixed with water to dissolve the salts. The dissolution is completed using part of the condensate from the salt crystallisation and with filtrates from the aluminium oxide washing.
- Crystallisation: To separate the salts that are contained in the solution, which we obtain in the final step of the process. We obtain a mixture of NaCl and KCl.